I am boss and I wanna Kate Moss: this was my brief for the Toni & Guy Cottesloe staff photoshoot.
I was excited about this project. Shelley Spence (owner) has been my hairdresser for 12 years and we have always had serious style cohesion. We have been talking all things fashion and style since the beginning. So working with her and her staff, all super talented and all-round lovely women, was always going to be great fun.
Shelley was looking for a bold and sophisticated vintage luxury look: bright colours, texture and striking styles from designers who spent the better part of the 80s and 90s thumbing their noses at the establishment. She wanted serious power dressing.
And so the outfit planning began.
In total, we put together 12 outfits for 6 ladies straight out of the Daily Luxe collection. Aaron McPolin photographed the shoot for us.
I don’t need to say much about them. The outfits tell their own story. Here are some of my favourites. Enjoy.
1) Juliette wears Oscar de la Renta red enamel earrings, vintage Escada red animal print silk shirt and vintage Gianni Versace full-length suede coat.
2) Jaime wears Vionnet black and red leather neckpiece, vintage Moschino red silk wrap dress and vintage Ungaro black leather jacket.
3) Jenn wears vintage Hermes green leather and gold earrings and vintage Gianni Versace silk animal print skirt suit.
4) Jaime wear vintage 80s earrings (pilfered from the boss lady’s mum), Willow black silk pleated dress, and Jason Wu violet wool blazer with black lace detail.
5) Juliette wears pearl necklaces (pilfered from the Boss Lady’s mum) and Erdem multicolour tweed shift dress.
6) Shelley wears vintage Oscar de la Renta for Saks Fifth Avenue black jacquard two piece dress.
7) Shelley wear Sonia Rykiel red ribbed dress and Gucci Blooms silk neck-tie.
All but three of the pictured here were purchased preloved and have made their way into the Daily Luxe collection over the years.
As anticipated, collaborating with Shelley and her team on this project was a blast. A big thank you also to Aaron for capturing our good work. Much appreciated.
Looking forward to our next shoot.
You can find Toni & Guy Cottesloe on Facebook: @ToniandGuyCottesloe and Instagram: @cottesloetoniandguy